Lonza to Highlight Innovative Capsugel® Capsule Technologies at CPhI Worldwide 2019
- Capsule Delivery Solutions, part of Lonza Pharma & Biotech, will showcase its portfolio of innovative products and services at the annual CPhI Worldwide 2019, under the theme “The connected world”
- With its global footprint, Capsule Delivery Solutions offers the widest array of capsules under the Capsugel® brand as well as formulation and technical support services
- Among the products on display on the booth: Capsugel® Zephyr™ dry-powder inhalation portfolio; the Lonza Engine™ equipment portfolio; and other innovative capsule technologies such as Colorista® and Vcaps® Plus capsules
Basel, Switzerland, 10 October 2019 – Capsule Delivery Solutions (CDS), part of Lonza Pharma & Biotech, will showcase its diverse portfolio of Capsugel® capsules and technologies designed to support drug development at the annual CPhI Worldwide 2019, taking place in Frankfurt on November 5-7.
“In today’s challenging pharmaceutical world, our customers are looking for performance and innovation to better address the demands of connected patients and consumers, who are more involved in their healthcare choices than ever before,” says Sara Lesina, Global Marketing Director, Lonza. “By listening closely to what our customers need, we are developing new cutting-edge solutions for encapsulated dosage forms using the technology platforms that most improve patients’ health now and in the future.”
The comprehensive portfolio of CDS products and technologies will be on display at booth A70 in Hall 10.2, including:
- The newly launched Capsugel® Zephyr™ Portfolio, an end-to-end inhalation drug development and manufacturing service specifically tailored for pulmonary drug delivery. The Zephyr™ dry-powder inhalation (DPI) capsule portfolio spans particle engineering – including micronization and spray-draying – formulation and encapsulation.
- The Lonza Engine™comprehensive equipment portfolio designed to address customer needs throughout the entire drug development process for small molecules, including micronization and Xcelodose® powder-in-capsule filling.
- The company’s HPMC Capsugel® capsule portfolio, including the flagship product Vcaps® Plus, which is manufactured without the use of gelling agents.
- The OTC Capsugel® capsule portfolio, including Press-Fit® capsules for effective formulation of non-prescription drug products.
- The company’s R&D offering, including DBcaps® and Colorista® capsules, designed specifically to enhance clinical trials and speed up drug product development.
“We continue to lead the industry in driving innovative solutions for capsule delivery technologies,” says Stef Vanquickenborne, VP R&D, Lonza. “Combining our knowledge of excipients, drug products and drug services, we offer integrated solutions to address the entire spectrum of drug development challenges for small and large molecules.”
CDS’s subject matter experts will participate in three CPhI Worldwide Pharma Insight Briefing speaking sessions focused on DPI innovation, Quality by Design and the Lonza Engine™ equipment portfolio:
- Tuesday 5 November, 13:10, CPhI Theatre 61D61: Frédérique Bordes-Picard – Leading the way in capsule-based DPIs through customization with the Capsugel® Zephyr™ Portfolio
- Wednesday 6 November, 13:50, CPhI Theatre 61D61: Karin Schrooten – Quality by Design and continuous improvement as a basis for high product quality
- Wednesday 6 November, 15:10, CPhI Theatre, 61D61: Mattia Wiedemeier – Lonza Engine™ equipment portfolio for small molecule bioavailability enhancement, particle engineering and drug product development.
Additional information about each speaking session is available here.