Maintenance Reliability Engineer
United States, Rochester (New York)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) has a great opportunity for Maintenance Reliability Engineer. LSI Rochester produces biocides and personal care ingredients for the hygiene, preservation and personal care markets. We are looking for someone who can identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. This site was acquired from Arch Chemicals and is the oldest continuing manufacturing facility in Rochester, NY.
- Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations.
- Develops and maintain plant standards (piping, tankage, insulation, etc.) that influence the selection of materials, equipment and spare parts.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes value-added preventive maintenance tasks, effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Leads efforts to ensure operability, maintainability and reliability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls and safety / security systems.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility the Reliability Engineer applies various data analysis techniques.
- Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including asset utilization, overall equipment effectiveness, remaining useful life and other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets.
- Provides technical support to production, maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering required
- 3-5 years in similar industry
- Maintenance of ISO 9000 certifications for the businesses by complying with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which this role participates.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.