United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) has an opportunity for a Master Planner who will support the Morristown, NJ office. Responsible for regional planning activities including demand-supply-balancing across the defined region to ensure the strategic business goals and objectives are appropriately translated into the site level planning and scheduling activities and vice-versa. Target to have an optimized balance of supply and demand while seeking to achieve the defined service levels while keeping high inventory turnover.
- Regional ownership and lead of all order fulfillment planning processes for the integrated planning groups at manufacturing sites, distribution points and tollers in the region.
- Ownership of Pre-S&OP process in assigned region for all product groups and sites in collaboration with sales, marketing, operations, sourcing and controlling.
- Monitor, measure and act to improve the planning process, forecast accuracy for all models deployed in the Integrated SC, (statistical model, and exception based).
- Continuous management of inventory turnover and planning to ensure defined serve levels are met
- Seek continuous improvements in optimization of the supply plan to generate more EBIT to Lonza
- Support users of planning tools, helps to keep planning process maps up-to-date and plays and active role in improving planning processes, systems and procedures.
- Preparation of S&OP exceptions and overview for the regional sites to be presented at the respective Business Unit meetings
- Periodically review the planning master data
- Other tasks assigned by line manager
- BS in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similar required
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support inventory management/ strategy recommendations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.