Head of Strategic Marketing
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Capsule & Health Ingredients (CHI) is actively seeking a Head of Strategic Marketing to join the CHI team. This role will take leadership in developing a strategy to ensure awareness and positioning of the CHI portfolio of products and services (with a focus on our ingredients segment) to ensure customers and stakeholders understand the value proposition and competitive difference of working with CHI. The Head of Strategic Marketing will ensure we have effective strategies and programs and the commensurate tactics and content to help meet CHI’s revenue and margin goals. Additionally, will be an instrumental member of the marketing leadership team in developing data driven, customer centric “Go to Market” strategy and plan to support the CHI business and financial objectives.
Marketing Communications: Develop an all-encompassing plan, in coordination with key stakeholders, to promote and support the CHI portfolio. Coordination will include developing marketing campaigns with the regions to promote CHI and specific products across all marketing channels (Digital, trade shows, customer engagements, print media, etc.). Work with agencies, customers and knowledge leaders to create and coordinate between owned, paid and earned marketing.
- Develop “Go to Market” plan that includes marketing campaigns by channel and region by quarter
- Create and maintain activities calendar by quarter (Press release, media interviews, webinars …)
- Develop and track marketing performance metrics and tracking
Product Marketing: Responsible for developing the needed content to support “Go to market” strategy. This will include positioning of products that demonstrate value proposition and differentiator that is validated by Voice of Customer (VOC), ethnographic, and quantitative research
- VOC research on what customer value
- Competitive product comparison
- Create CMS database / content repository
Marketing Campaigns: Responsible for creating B2B strategy a to create multi-channel approach to reach and message to key customer segments. Strategies will leverage both traditional (Print, in person events, mailers) and digital assets (Web, microsites, social media, email dB, video sites …). Develop relevant metrics and feedback mechanisms to evaluate marketing ROI and analyze our customer inputs.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in an Arts, Science or Business discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated substantial experience managing large revenue complex product lines
- Previous experience of working within a role where coordination, prioritization and project management skills are required.
- Ability to lead activities, projects and coordinate with multiple functional areas
- Able to plan, organize and establish priorities
- Proven, strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a group setting to meet timeline
- Exceptional communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.