Internship in Process Analytical Technology
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
„Process Analytical Technology“(PAT) represents a collection of tools that are used for real-time monitoring and intensification of chemical and biotechnological production processes. At Lonza, we deploy these tools throughout the lifecycle of our production processes. This includes applications in process development and daily process operation as well as process optimisation.
Multivariate analysis methods play a major role in this context. However, their development often requires a significant amount of staff hours and financial resources. In order to optimise the cost-benefit ratio of new PAT methods we are currently planning to automate resource intensive workflows in the development of such methods.
We are offering an industrial placement / internship position in our Process Optimisation & Technology group at our site in Visp, Switzerland. The position on offer will start as soon as possible and have a minimum duration of 6 months. This internship could also be combined with your master thesis.
The successful applicant will take on the responsibility to develop and test a lab-scale plant for automated generation and analysis of large sample sets, which are commonly encountered in the development of multivariate analysis methods.
- Engineering design and planning of automated lab-scale plant
- Commissioning of all necessary parts
- Setup and test of the developed lab-scale plant during a Proof-of-Concept study
- Development of multivariate calibration models
- Contribution to international projects in PAT and process optimisation
- Reporting, presentation and discussion of results
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master student / recent graduate of an engineering or science focused degree programme
(Chemical Engineering, Analytical Chemistry, or related subjects)
- Solid IT-Skills (MS-Office, Visio)
- Previous experience with using CAD software is an advantage
- Existing knowledge in PAT related topics is an advantage
- Self-sufficient, structured, and goal oriented working style
- Solid teamwork and communication skills
- Fluency in English (written and oral); Working knowledge of German is a bonus
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.