Head of Product Management, Capsule & Health Ingredients (CHI)
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively seeking a Head of Product Management, CHI to take leadership and portfolio ownership of the Capsule & Health Ingredients (CHI) product and service offerings to ensure customer, market and financial success. Drive for data driven, customer validated understanding of the market. Work closely with R&D to ensure innovation leadership to ensure CHI maintains its innovation leadership. Be an instrumental member of the marketing leadership team in developing a “Go to Market” strategy and plan to support the CHI business and financial objectives.
Product Life Cycle Management. Continuously support the full life cycle of products from inception to retirement. Provide support to functions to ensure functionality and customer satisfaction
- Develop case studies and content to support value proposition and differentiator
- Develop product technical content and features
- Develop operating mechanism to monitor portfolio performance
Product Innovation– Ensure CHI remains the leader in its segment with new product and service offerings that meet customer unmet needs and differentiated from competition. Take leadership position in defining requirements and delivering new products on a timely basis
- Develop product road map to ensure long term sustainability of portfolio
- Develop: “Go to Market” plans for all new product introductions
- New product evaluation study and business case
Customer Insights. Understand customer needs and the opportunities for CHI as part of workflow needs. Develop key understanding of customers’ existing needs and unmet need and map them to our current and future. Quantify value vs need. Conduct
- Ethnographic VOC by segment
- Quant Study by segment
- Value versus cost analysis
Portfolio Support. Work with all functions to provide support for product maintenance, request for proposals and product availability. Understand portfolio revenue performance and set global pricing guidelines
- Develop pricing guidelines
- Develop operating with all functions to respond to requests (SOP, complaints, proposal support, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Life Sciences (i.e. Chemistry) or Engineering discipline; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated substantial experience managing large revenue complex product lines
- Previous experience of working within a role where coordination, prioritization and project management skills are required.
- Ability to lead activities, projects and coordinate with multiple functional areas
- Able to plan, organize and establish priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.