Senior Scientist (Contingent Worker)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Octane Biotech, a Lonza company, known for designing, developing, manufacturing, and commercializing the Cocoon® cell therapy manufacturing platform is seeking a new member for its R&D Innovation Team. The team is focused on developing novel, innovative features and processes for the Cocoon to increase its capabilities while maintaining it as the market-leading platform for patient-scale cell therapy manufacturing. This is imperative for the Cocoon’s Platform success in the fast growing, evolving cellular immunotherapy field.
- Planning, running and/or supervising experiments to evaluate, develop and optimize upstream and downstream cell therapy manufacturing processes
- Critically analyzes processes for improvement and scalability, and utilizes background and expertise to establish and optimize new processes for eventual incorporation into clinical cell production
- Independently designs and executes experiments, including data analysis, communication of results and proposals for next steps
- Obtains and analyzes experimental data
- Maintains accurate and up to date records, including appropriate lab notebook recordings. Capable of achieving deliverables in a timely fashion
- Writing and revising technical documents including lab SOPs, test protocols and reports
- Communicates with clients and other stakeholders
- Developing timelines to achieve technical targets
- Supervisors, trains and mentors other staff members
- Presents technical data to a range of audiences
- Work within a self-directed team environment
- Other duties as assigned or determined
- Master’s or Doctorate (preferred)
- Extensive experience/knowledge of cell culture techniques (preferably with immune cells)
- Technical report writing
- Computer skills, MS Office
- Data analysis, presentation and communication skills
- A strong data analysis/statistics background
- Good written and oral communication skills; independent work skills; strong work ethic; delegating skills; ability to perform in a team setting
- Hygiene & sterile technique
- Health & safety
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.