Regional Distribution Manager
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Regional Distribution Manager is responsible for the management, assessment and ownership of the Distributor/Channel Partner performance and activities within their assigned territory. Responsible for setting the sales a strategy, drives execution and monitors it’s successful implementation thru the distribution network. The district manager assures alignment of the network with the business objectives. Knowledge of Biocides, Preservatives and Cosmetic market experiences is preferred.
Define and distribution approach that is aligned with the CPI Business Team Strategies. The Distributor Manager will:
- Select/change partners that complement our sales and marketing efforts
- Reduce network complexity
- Define, implement, and ensure compliance to rules of engagements
- Develop and maintain relationships with distributors by establishing and conducting the proper meeting cadence and reposting requirements including but not limited to: Sales Performance/Outlook, Forecasting, Pipeline Review, Market Intelligence, Promotional Activities, Strategy Review/Alignment, joint visits and training.
- Ensure the accuracy of such reports/data and measure against the objectives and KPI’s established in the rules of engagement and where possible are integrated into our systems and processes.
- Negotiate and execute agreements as needed.
Reporting: the Distribution Manager is responsible for reporting internally:
- Weekly, the monthly outlook via the MMR process
- Monthly, the sales performance for the month YTD and current full year Outlook using BW and the CPI Portfolio tool. Along with key highlights and market item for the month
- Forecasting via IBP/BW/Portfolio Tool
- Opportunity Pipeline utilizing SFDC
- Logging Distributor Meetings and Sales Calls
- Responsible for providing input and technical support regarding customer complaints, incident reporting and for reporting performance issues.
- Participate as a member of Regional CPI Business Team Meetings and ensure business linkage with other support functions.
- Utilize SFDC as a primary Sales planning and communication tool
- BS in Business Administration. Preferred area of Study: Chemistry, Biology, Marketing
- 10-15 years’ experience of sales and business development
- Distribution management experience
- Experience with forecasting tools IBP, BW, and Portfolio Tool preferred
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.