United States, Hayward (California)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Shipping/Logistics Specialist will coordinate and facilitate all aspects of shipping of material and all assigned tasks/activities in accordance with regulations, GMP standards and in line with established
- Plan and execute shipping activities of GMP and non GMP materials. This includes communication and collaboration between various departments, internal and external partners, management, 3rd party logistics, customers, auditors and regulators
- Ownership and management of final product storage temperature controlled units
- Management of ad hock assigned tasks/actions
- Creation and maintenance of GMP documentation
- To ensure all processes are executed in accordance with all safety precautions and GMP requirements relevant to the task being performed
- To ensure own GMP training is maintained to the defined training plan
- To follow all procedures as authorised by training and report any non-compliant events to line manager in a timely manner
- Assist in equipment checks, including temperature logs, equipment calibration checks in accordance with area requirements and procedures
- Be responsible for all log books, ensuring current versions are in use, log books are completed/signed off, log books are reviewed and returned to Quality Assurance
- Provide information to assist with timely completion of quality records
- Qualification in logistics and shipping
- Proven experience within shipping operations
- Capable of collaborating across multiple functions at all levels to drive the expected results
- Understands the impact of shipping logistics for both internal and external customers
- Able to identify areas for improvement in the shipping process and implement changes where required
- Able to be main shipping contact for site and lead the set up shipping policies and procedures and support management in leading department.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.