Product Safety Specialist
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Product Safety Specialist is a critical part of the Regulatory Assurance team at LSI. They produce compliant SDS, labels and hazard communication documents for all LSI products in the Americas and wider geographies that ship into the Americas.
- Classification of products according to GHS in the Americas and according to the regulations of the transportation of dangerous goods
- Authoring of SDS and hazard communication labels in SAP EH&S
- Based NAFTA and Latin American chemical regulations
- New products as well as updates to existing products
- Product Safety support for sample shipping from America labs
- Manager information gathering process
- Prepare sample SDS and labels
- Prepare shipping instructions including label data
- Liaise with Product Safety Europe, Chine and Brazil for exports to those regions
- Advise the LSI business and other regulatory functions on matters of the hazard communication
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BS in Science, Chemistry or similar
- SAP, preferably SAP EHS
- Spanish speaking at a business fluent level is preferred
- OSHA, EPA and FDA experience
- High degree of computer literacy and data handling
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.