Research Assistant - Intern
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We have an exciting unique opportunity for an internship in our Cell and Gene Therapy Development department at our Houston, TX location. In this role you will interact with the Houston Cell and Gene Therapy Development experts, learning about the development of manufacturing process and procedures for cell and gene therapy applications. The Intern will support development department activities including priority projects for the business based on need and expertise.
- Supports the successful development and execution of studies relevant to the projects relevant to process development and/or analytical method development in the department of Cell and Gene Therapy Development Services
- Contribute and support scientific or engineering expertise toward the design and development of new process ideas that support client product concepts
- Maintains accurate, detailed records, experimental data and protocols following Lonza’s best documentation practices.
- Prepares data summary and data reports. Works with Lead Scientists to communicate and summarize results for internal and client meetings, written reports and presentations.
- Provides technical support in analytical method optimization, qualification and transfer to QC following
- Performs common laboratory maintenance including maintaining the stock of lab supplies and reagents in support of ongoing programs as well as cleaning of equipment, 6S and organizing the lab area.
- Becomes knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program (Junior or rising Junior preferred) or a graduate degree program in a science or engineering field.
- A successful candidate will demonstrate problem-solving and strong organizational skills.
- A proactive mindset and sense of urgency is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products including word, excel, powerpoint, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to excel in a high pressure environment across multiple tasks.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.