Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) Intern
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are actively recruiting candidates to participate in our 2020 Summer Internship program. This program immerse you into the culture and operations of Lonza in Bend, OR. Throughout your internship you will be giving the opportunity and will be expected to contribute as an active team member within the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) department.
- Drive Operational Excellence initiatives by identifying and supporting projects to improve yield, lower costs, and improve efficiency
- Support engineers in the collection and analysis of manufacturing process and operational data to report on performance, diagnose bottlenecks, and inform future improvement efforts.
- Support engineers in transferring pharmaceutical manufacturing processes from development labs to manufacturing facility.
- Support Job Safety Assessments (JSA) for standard operational work and implement engineering and procedural controls to enhance site safety.
- Support risk assessment activities for new or modified materials, processes, or equipment.
- Support investigation team during process and/or technical-related quality investigations, including root cause analysis, product impact assessment, and corrective/preventative action definition.
- Support engineers in defining process equipment user requirements, controls, procedures and commissioning/qualification activities.
- Support manufacturing team with development effective training materials for standardized work
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Completion of sophomore year (typically 60 credits) and currently enrolled in a B.S. or M.S. degree in a life sciences field, degrees in engineering preferred
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (out of 4) required
- Must be available to begin as early as May 18, 2020 with the internship ending around August 7, 2020 with flexibility for extensions
- Work with data analysis preferred
- Able to quickly learn Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Every day, Lonza’s products have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.