Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is currently recruiting for an experienced Calibration Engineer, based at our Tuas site. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the role will be responsible for calibrating and troubleshooting GMP instruments as well as setting up calibration programme in Tuas manufacturing site.
- Perform and review instrument related alert/alarms that related to GMP instruments that are critical to the production system and proactive activate calibration technicians to attend to these alert/alarms.
- Review and ensure low voltage components (24VDC or less) components of Control panels are adequately stock out and assist control team in coordinating Preventive Maintenance of these control panels
- Perform preliminary troubleshooting/recovery for any instrument related failure along with Calibration technicians
- Perform electrical & instrument troubleshooting support, and participate in run root cause investigation.
- Establish ongoing electrical and calibration program.
- Assist Calibration Management in approving Instrument Data Sheet (IDS) for new, retired/decommission instrument.
- Perform review executed Calibration Work Order (CWO) and SAP Work Order.
- Review of Calibration Procedures to ensure they are aligned to existing calibration methods; propose recommendation for changes in term of GMP requirement or instrument technical adequacy.
- Provide support to MFG in term of instrument related technical enquiries, instrument obsolescence; recommendation for new instruments based on user requirement etc.
- Assist and manage Asset Change Control.
- Conduct basic instrument technical training (e.g., Emerson Asset Management System) to calibration technicians.
- Perform assessment and closing Change Control Tasks related to calibration activities.
- Support Total Productive Maintenance team.
- For new tech transfer, review existing instrument range/calibration tolerance to ensure they can meet process requirements.
- Source for new instruments in the event if the range/calibration tolerance does not meet the requirement.
- From the Engineering Design study, perform scoping on calibration needs ranging from addition instruments; calibration standard, calibration room expansion and resources requirement.
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering /Chemical/Electrical/Computer Science/IT
- Significant working experience in a Biotech or related pharmaceutical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in GMP Deviation investigation write up is critical.
- Able to perform fundamental basic instrumentation troubleshooting
- Able to perform good write up on investigation report that meets GMP Quality requirement
- Good fundamental knowledge on instrument and DCS/PLC system relationship
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.