Microbiologist Hygiene & Preservation
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Morristown location serves as the North American headquarters of the company. Colleagues at the Morristown site mainly represent Corporate Functions, including Finance, Accounting, Tax, Legal, IT, Procurement, Human Resources, and Communications. We are currently looking for a full-time Microbiologist who specializes in Hygiene & Preservation. Lonza also offers a highly competitive salary and benefits. For more information, please visit www.lonza.com/careers.
This role would be responsible for Hygiene & Preservation Microbiology Testing and related activities, for both new product development and technical service projects across the Hygiene & Preservation spaces.
- Able to conduct Use-Dilution Method, Antimicrobial Effectiveness Test, AET Neutralization/ Validation, Disinfectant Towelette Efficacy Determination Test, Germicidal Spray Products as Disinfectants Method, Gram Stain Test, and other methods as needed.
- Able to perform advance procedures/analyses, including the necessary calculations.
- Able to appropriately document testing and record raw data following good documentation practices.
- Able to prepare detailed test reports, and communicate data and comments observed to management.
- Able to adhere to the laboratory safety requirements in regards to CFR OSHA and Lonza procedures.
- Able to support the site safety team and perform related duties.
- Able to take on new assignments, perform other duties as assigned, and work on projects at various stages of development.
- Able to assist with lab management, the scheduling of day-to-day work activities in regards to testing.
- Able to assist with the ordering of lab supplies, and additional tasks associated with the functionality of the lab.
- Able to properly operate and maintain the laboratory equipment (i.e. Autoclave, Spectrophotometer) in the Microbiology laboratory.
- BS in Microbiology, Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, Biology, or related discipline preferably in Microbiology and/ or Industrial Hygiene
- Minimum of 3 years in technical role in relevant application areas
- Microbiology laboratory testing, microbiology laboratory equipment, how to analysis data (i.e. experience interpretation testing results (pass/ fail) experience required
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.