Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Reporting into the Head of Engineering, this hands-on Mechanical Engineer will be focusing in maintenance improvement projects in our Tuas site.
- Coordinate Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) activities for preventive maintenance.
- Perform Risk assessments and evaluate content of maintenance plans in CMMS including methods, maintenance frequencies, resources, spares and tools needed.
- Organize maintenance and monitor mechanical work activities in the manufacturing plant, ensuring equipment availability for production use.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve department and site business performance.
- Troubleshoot of plant equipment and conduct root cause analysis to eliminate equipment/ system defect and actively lead implementation of appropriate CAPAs
- Optimize maintenance inventory level of critical & non-critical equipment spare parts.
- Provide engineering solutions for problems related to equipment reliability.
- Develop SOPs and Work Instructions to technicians, train and develop their competency.
- Maintain inspection readiness of the systems to ensure audit compliance with regulatory, safety and engineering standards.
- Perform risk assessment and safety awareness for team members.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related disciplines preferred
- Work experience in a cGMP regulated environment and prior technical knowledge in biopharmaceutical manufacturing will have an advantage
- Hands-on equipment maintenance and troubleshooting experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.