Indirect Tax Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Become part of the leading supplier to the Life Sciences Industries, encompassing both , Lonza Pharma, Biotech and Nutrition (LPBN) and Lonza Special Ingredients (LSI). Join us by applying for the position as Indirect Tax Manager, based in Basel, Switzerland or Manchester, UK.
- Supports the Indirect Tax Director in developing indirect tax strategies and executing priorities, and in overseeing and enhancing compliance processes mainly in EMEA region (approx. 50 registrations in 10 countries)
- Stays on top of indirect tax legislative changes in EMEA and ensures proper communication and implementation
- Ensures correct VAT application and set-up in the accounting processes of companies within the Lonza Group
- Supports the finance team with the set-up of VAT codes and reports in SAP
- Creates and improves VAT related documentation
- Helps the Indirect Tax Director and the VAT Compliance Leader (Staff Selection Commission / SSC Manchester) in reviewing and developing processes and controls for effectiveness and governance
- Maintains contact with VAT authorities and assists during audits
- Liaises with external consultants
- Very good experience in EU VAT, Swiss VAT expertise is a plus
- Strong knowledge of and practical experience with SAP
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics, business, IT or accounting/controlling
- Good accounting knowledge
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Capability to challenge the status quo and look for opportunities to make improvements in assigned business areas and beyond
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.