Head of Global Supply Chain, Capsule Delivery Systems
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is looking for a Head of Global Supply Chain, Capsule Delivery Systems (CDS)/ Consumer Health Nutrition (CHN) based at either Lonza Bornem, Belgium or Basel, Switzerland (there is flexibility for other locations to be considered, as this is a Global position).
The Head of Global Supply Chain, Capsules supports both the CDS (Capsule Delivery Systems) and CHN (Consumer Health and Nutrition) business units; managing the End-to-End Supply Chain from customer demand to delivery by coordinating all players along the supply chain contributing to serve successfully our customers.
The position will be responsible for designing and executing the intercompany sourcing plans, ensuring timely and efficient deployment of capsule technology and capacity, optimizing the end-to-end order execution and fulfilment, and designing customer-facing value-add solutions related to supply and operations.
This role will have oversight of nearly $1B in global annual sales and global budgetary oversight of supply chain related cost will be more that $40M for freight, warehousing and logistics.
- Designs, implements and drives the global S&OP processes for both CDS and CHN for the capsule businesses on different time horizons for more than 200B units of annual supply. Translates Demand into network supply and production schedules, forecasts/analyzes demand, analyzes inventory, and troubleshoots issues affecting the supply chain.
- Partners with global operations for capital and capacity projects to improve continuously customer demand attendance and capture business opportunities
- Leads efforts to generate and implement Supply Chain strategies to ensure continuous flow of materials to support and optimize the global business processes, and to ensure flawless end-to-end order execution.
- Optimizes supply chain across the production network by coordinating the supply chain organizations at manufacturing sites and distribution centers.
- Develops tactical plans for improving productivity, quality and efficiency of operations in order to support the strategic goals of both business units.
- Designs and implements customer-facing value solutions to optimize security of supply, delivery performance and sales expansion, and to strengthen the competitive position for both CDS and CHN.
- Degree in Engineering or similar subject, an MBA would be an asset
- Significant Management and or Supply Chain experience
- Project management, end-to-end capsule operations or similar, P&L experience preferred
- Significant people leadership, experience coaching and mentoring international teams
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit while maintaining attention to detail
- Driving exceptional working relationships with cross-functional teams and global customers, ability to find creative solutions to issues and obstacles.
- International and multi-functional experience; proven people leadership, facilitation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, computer skills
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.